Monday, January 16, 2012

The Late Night Shift (An Introduction to My Life)

For my inaugural blog, I felt it so fitting that I am up in the middle of the night writing it while watching (I Don't Know How She Does It). I originally wanted to see this movie months ago but as the story goes I guess time just got away from me. So I finally found time at 2 am to watch it On Demand.

Yesterday was a typical Sunday for the Abners... We woke up and went to brunch (sorry didn't make church) in a good spirits and the children were on board until we were seated. Lauren is fussing and who knows why, Acie decides to start singing and then the antagonizing starts. My husband and I just smile, shake our heads and drink our coffee as we pretend we're alone on a date ♥. Food comes and everyone seems to be feeling a little better. At least now the little one is laughing, acting more like herself. Breakfast is over, back to the house to watch football with the hubby. He actually started me loving football, I get a little sad come mid February. As we watch the game the kids are jumping on our legs, my husband's head having their own little party. It's not even half time and my son is asking for a sandwich. I guess the pancakes wore off in like an hour???? Third quarter and I have to make a run to pick up some material, I'm working on a sewing project (in addition to a convention and 2 other meetings, a book festival for my son's school and sorting out whether we are going to move or not). It's a quick trip, so I bring my daughter along. An hour and a half later, after a stop at Wegmans for some quick grocery shopping, I'm back in time to catch the end of the first quarter of the 2nd game! I fix some food and read to my daughter while catching glimpses of the Giants pulling off an upset. The game is over and I start sewing because it's now my new obsession. I think this one isn't going anywhere because it actually makes me happy and I enjoy doing it. I take a break, play with the kids and my husband and get the babies ready for bed. My husband and I enjoy a glass of wine, hang out and now he is down. I was sleepy briefly, but got a second wind fooling around with this da*# sewing project. For some reason I always have to alter the original design, still trying to learn how to keep things simple.

And now I'm up, my mind just a moving thinking of the upcoming week. Thinking that I will not be up like this anytime soon. Trying to wind down and clear my mind because my princess will be up in about 3 hours and I will be exhausted!

Just another day in the life! I love it, I truly do but this is why all the wineries and spas in the world stay open and thrive because of Mothers. Goal for 2012, some type of positive life altering change: stay at home, perhaps work from home...the point is to create more time for home and to work less. We will see how this goes.

In the mean time, I will try to entertain and keep you up to date on my progress. Share some great travel must do's, recipes, crafts and survival skills for the Young & Married with Kids!

This blog is dedicated to a man, who I'm sure had many sleepless nights himself fighting to keep peace. Happy Belated Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.!!

With Love,
Jabs ♥

1 comment:

  1. Kudos on your first blog! I am staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete